Common Core has been criticized to no end over the confusing experimental methods for solving basic math problems. Here are the top 5 most ridiculous actual common core math problems:
1. I’m not sure what a “number bond” is, but it looks a lot more complicated than memorizing 7+7=14.
2. An Electrical Engineer even thinks that the Common Core method is madness.
3. Do you understand this visual representation of numbers? Is this really better than the old fashioned way?
4. This kid knows how to do real addition, but his teacher disagrees.
Common core. pic.twitter.com/BtTLiCdpNC
— Robin (@x0x0robinXoXo) September 26, 2014
5. Last but not least, this word problem that states the answer in the first sentence of the problem:
BONUS: The letter that this school sent out to parents re-defining math terms is absolutely insane.
Is it time to demand that Common Core be repealed, and the federal government stop experimenting on America’s children?