The founder of Chick-fil-A restaurant chain, S. Truett Cathy, passed away early Monday. Cathy rose from poverty and created a $6 billion fortune with his signature chicken sandwich.
Here are five quotes that show his character and work ethic:
5. “Why would I retire from something I enjoy doing? I can hardly wait to get here.”
4. “I’d like to be remembered as one who kept my priorities in the right order. We live in a changing world, but we need to be reminded that the important things have not changed, and the important things will not change if we keep our priorities in proper order.”
3. “It is when we stop doing our best work that our enthusiasm for the job wanes. We must motivate ourselves to do our very best, and by our example lead others to do their best as well.”
2. “No goal is too high if we climb with care and confidence.”
1. “Nearly every moment of every day we have the opportunity to give something to someone else – our time, our love, our resources. I have always found more joy in giving when I did not expect anything in return.”
Thanks to truettcathy.com for sharing these.