As the movie 13 Hours, a Michael Bay film about the Benghazi massacre is set to open, the real-life heroes behind the story are opening up about what actually happened during the terrorist attack that killed four Americans.
The tagline for the film is: “When everything went wrong six men had the courage to do what was right.”
During an interview with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly, the subject of the stand down order was discussed.
Kelly reminded the Benghazi heroes that congressional investigators concluded that no stand down order had been given.
One of the men gave a three-word response destroying that narrative.
“That’s just silly.”
Via the Blaze:
Three security operators responsible for guarding the CIA station in Benghazi dismissed on Monday claims they were never told to “stand down” during the night of the deadly 2012 attacks.
“Congressional investigators concluded there was no ‘stand down’ order,” Fox News host Megyn Kelly told the three commandoes.
“That’s just silly,” replied Kris “Tanto” Paronto, a former Army Ranger.
“It’s kind of funny,” John “Tig” Tiegen said. “Everything we testified to they agreed with us 100 percent. … But for some reason they don’t want to believe us that we were told to stand down.”
Multiple sources have previously confirmed that CIA operators asked for help three separate times and were denied those requests each time.
A congressional panel concluding differently from what the actual heroes on the ground are claiming isn’t just silly, it’s a government-wide scandal.
Here is the trailer for 13 Hours…
Comment: Do you side with the Benghazi heroes version of the story, or Hillary Clinton/Congress’ side? Share your thoughts below.