Skip to main content

Breaking News: Terrorist Attacks Rock Israel!


We have just learned that 5 individuals were killed in  Jerusalem Synagogue terrorist attack.

From Harretz:

Five Israelis were killed and several others wounded in a terror attack on Tuesday morning in a synagogue in the western Jerusalem neighborhood of Har Nof.

Two assailants were killed at the scene by police. Seven people were wounded in the assault, including three seriously, two moderately and two lightly. Magen David Adom ambulances administered first aid to the wounded before evacuating them to hospitals in the city. Five were taken to Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Karem, and the rest to Shaare Zedek Medical Center.

A police officer, previously reported to be in critical condition at Hadassh Hospital, succumbed to his wounds Tuesday night. Some of the wounded were operated during the course of the day and they are now in the care of multi-disciplinary teams of doctors and nurses. The hospital is geared up for their further treatment, the spokesperson said.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered authorities to demolish the assailants’ homes, following an emergency security meeting convened in his office after the attack. In addition, the Prime Minister also instructed to push forward the demolition of the homes of the perpetrators of previous terror attack, and to significantly increase the enforcement of the law against incitement to terrorism.

Israel Police spokeswoman Luba Samri said two assailants entered the synagogue on Tuesday with knives, axes and guns and attacked worshipers. The attackers were killed in a shootout with police. Samri said the attackers were Palestinians from East Jerusalem. The shooting occured at the Kehilat Bnei Torah synagogue on Shimon Agassi St., some 5 kilometers from Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial. The Lithuanian synagogue is part of a compound that includes a kolel (a yeshiva for married men) and another synagogue. Residents of the neighborhood said the 6:30 A.M minyan (Jewish prayer quorum) included less people than usual, but there were still dozens of worshipers at the site when the terrorists struck.

The first call to first responders was made at 7:01 A.M. According to police, two terrorists entered the compound and attacked worshipers, who were leaving the synagogue, with guns and axes. Two traffic policemen arrived at the scene separately and were joined by a third police officer. The three engaged in a firefight with the terrorists and killed them. One policeman was critically wounded in the gunfight, and another sustained moderate wounds.

Initially, police suspected there may be a third assailant on the loose in the area, but later stated this was no longer a concern. Large police forces arrived at the scene after the attack.

Please stay with Headline Politics for all the breaking news on this situation!!