Some Americans have trouble remembering the words to the Star Spangled Banner and that is like the most basic American thing to know. It would be asking a little much to have the populace dig deeper and find out more weird things about our country. So sit back and relax, we’ve done all the research for you and I’ve provided this neat little compendium of strange but true facts about America.
1. Virginia has birthed more presidents than any other state.
2. 1 out of every 8 Americans have been employed by McDonald’s at some point.
3. America is one of the only countries to display their flag almost everywhere.
4. Just one sign of our massive wealth: 1 American consumes the same amount of resources as 32 Kenyans.
5. The Library of Congress is keeping an archive of every tweet ever tweeted.
6. It is actually completely legal for underage kids to smoke cigarettes, but it is illegal for them to purchase them.
7. Though most Americans speak English, we have no official national language.
8. Apple has more money than the U.S. Treasury.
9. 100 acres of pizza are served in the US every day.
I believe I may be personally responsible for fifty of those acres.
Have any crazy facts of your own to share? Let us know in the comments!
H/T The Chive