Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame has a special talent for conveying his political opinions in a polite but effective manner. This week, Bernie Sanders tweeted out the following socialist idiocy:
Providing a path for kids to go to the University of Iowa is a hell of a lot cheaper than providing them a path to go to jail. #iacaucus
— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) December 14, 2015
Rowe is a major proponent of trade schools, and has even testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation in support of them. Rowe believes that for many, college isn’t worth the debt (a position him and Sanders would agree on), and that there’s a massive skills gap in this country (in other words, that there are plenty of jobs available for people with specific skills, but they remain unfilled because people are too busy learning English literature in college than welding or plumbing at a trade school).
Here is Mike Rowe’s response to Sanders:
What do you think about Sanders statement? 75% of America’s state prison inmates didn’t complete high school, let alone college. Shouldn’t he be focusing his attention there before we discuss the remaining 25%?