A huge breakthrough has been made into the Benghazi investigation – which doesn’t bode well for Hillary Clinton as we inch towards November.
The House Select Committee on Benghazi has identified and interviewed a man who claims to be a drone-camera operator with information about the deadly 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya.
The man, who called in to Sean Hannity’s radio show three years ago, was identified only as “John from Iowa.”
Democrats and critics of the GOP-led Benghazi committee mocked the claim, and the Pentagon singled him out as “unnecessary” to interview, complaining that it had “expended significant resources to locate” the man “to no avail.”
As it turns out – the reason Democrats didn’t want this man to be interviewed is because of the information he did have.
But his name was included in a list of drone personnel active on the night of the 2012 attacks that the Pentagon handed over in late May, the Benghazi panel said on Thursday.
And years after his initial radio show interview in May 2013, he has provided testimony for the committee.
Republicans on the special committee had asked for information about the man after a broader initial request to interview drone pilots and operators and the GOP on Thursday bashed the Defense Department for failing to locate him earlier.
“It now appears [the Defense Department] had knowledge well in advance of who and where John was,” the committee said. “They claimed ‘significant resources’ had been spent attempting to find him, but given the facts, it’s hard to imagine just how much incompetence would be required for that to be true.”
H/T The Hill
Will the information John brings to the table finally be what sinks Hillary Clinton? This story just broke yesterday and we’ll have to wait and see, but I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed. If not – this is hardly the only investigation that could sink Hillary.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below and share this post on Facebook/Twitter