During his speech to the United Nations, President Obama brought up the race controversy in Ferguson, Missouri. It is a town which has had the fires of racism stoked by Obama’s own Justice Department, as well as liberal news entities such as Al Sharpton and his cohorts at MSNBC.
The President used the Ferguson story to criticize the nation he leads, and people have been understandably upset.
But just how many times does Obama manage to actually rip America in a 60-second time-frame during the speech?
The video clip can be seen below …
1) “We too have failed to live up to our ideals.”
2) “America has plenty of problems within our own borders.”
3) Obama says of both 1 and 2, “This is true.”
4) The world “took notice of the small American city of Ferguson, Missouri – where a young man was killed, and a community was divided.”
5) “We have our own racial and ethnic tensions.”
6) He surmises that America struggles with “changes wrought by globalization and greater diversity.”
Not bad, that is roughly one criticism of America every 10 seconds.
If that’s not enough however, First Lady Michelle Obama also chimed in with her own critique of America. At a U.N. education event, she said women in America still suffer under “harmful cultural norms.” (H/T: Breitbart)
Their are cultural issues of race and gender that can be discussed in a rational way – but they shouldn’t be used to bash America in front of the U.N., nor are they the “norm” in our country.